Announcing SBNC Slate for January Election
The SBNC Administrative Committee announces the slate of 2014 candidates for the School Board Nominating Committee (SBNC). The candidates in each of the five elementary school districts are:
1. Edgewood – Karen Brew, James Felix, Laurie Medvinsky
2. Fox Meadow – Geralyn Della Cava, Kamal Mehta, Stephanie Miller, Antonia New (Zipursky)
3. Greenacres – Heather Gilchriest (Meili), Peter Haller, Sharon Higgins, Jon Singer, Harriet Sobol
4. Heathcote – Gwen Finger, Wendy Gendel, Sethu Palaniappan, Zhixin (Julie) Zhu
5. Quaker Ridge – Sylvia Dundon, Jacqueline Goldstein, Lori Parks, Julie Sheppe
The SBNC election will be held on Wednesday, January 15, 2014. Residents will also vote on a proposed change to the Non-Partisan Resolution governing the SBNC. Residents may vote in person in the Auditorium Lobby at the Scarsdale Middle School on that date from 7:00 to 10:00 AM and from 2:00 to 9:00 PM, or by mail-in ballot received by 4 pm on Election Day. All election information, including the text of the proposed change to the Resolution, is available at http://www.scarsdalesbnc.com/resolution/ Brochures containing biographical information on each candidate and instructions for completing and returning mail-in ballots will be mailed to Scarsdale residents and will also be available on the website. Contributions to support the cost of printing and mailing the election brochure are gratefully appreciated; please visit http://www.scarsdalesbnc.com/please.donate.