Join the School Board
Becoming a BoE Member
Click here for the letter by Mary Beth Gose who could not, due to personal reasons, be at the first SBNC meeting.
To watch the video recording of the BoE presentation to the SBNC on January 25, 2015, please follow this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwYb4R5i2ghTUEdYeEh6aFV0ems/view?usp=sharing .
Below is the list of questions that the BoE was asked to address in their January 25th presentation:
1. Please explain the overall structure and responsibilities of the School Board, and the relationship of the School Board with the Superintendent, School Administration and Scarsdale Community.
2. Please discuss the time commitment required by the position of School Board member, including meetings conducted in the day or at night, and preparation for same.
3. Please discuss the individual responsibilities of a Board member, i.e. additional assignments or training, as well as collective responsibilities of the School Board.
4. How would you describe those qualifications which comprise the consummate School Board member? Are particular skills or professional qualifications of School Board members critical to the performance of Board responsibilities?
Are you interested in becoming a School Board member?
The Scarsdale School Board Nominating Committee is seeking candidates for nomination to the Scarsdale Board of Education. In the coming months, the SBNC will nominate two candidates to the board. Mary Beth Gose has served two terms and is not eligible for renomination. Lewis Leone, Jr. has completed two terms and is not eligible for renomination. The SBNC invites all residents to propose candidates for the Board of Education. A candidate must be at least 18 years old, a U.S. citizen, a qualified voter, and a resident of the Scarsdale school district for at least one year prior to the May 19, 2015 school board election date. Candidates should complete a biographical information form and submit it via email to the SBNC Chair, Diane Baylor, at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, but no later than 5:00 PM on Tuesday, February 24, 2015.
- PC USERS: Please click on the link to download the 2015 Scarsdale BOE candidate biographical form — PC version.
- MAC USERS: Please on the link to download the 2015 Scarsdale BOE candidate biographical form — Mac version.
For more information about the school board nominating process and/or to obtain a biographical information form, please contact the SBNC Chair, Diane Baylor, at email@example.com.